Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, February 24, 2012

My Little Bliss List

It's coming to the end of another week. It's been a tiring one for me. It's not that I've been overly busy or anything, just not feeling great and had several nights where I didn't sleep well. My back is still giving me grief (and has been for 5 or 6 months now) where most days I'm in pain and needing to take some kind of pain relief - and running off to the drug store to pick up something else to try. The chiropractor isn't able to give me any relief so I think it's time to go see my doctor and see what's really going on.

source: Lulu Lemon

Anyway, at times like this it's great to find the little moments of bliss during my week and celebrate them. Let's see what I can come up with:
  • sharing Family Day with family in Guelph.
  • spending some time at a nursing home on Sunday. Being part of a Salvation Army Band, we spend time once a month in a couple of Nursing Homes in the area to provide some music. The people love to see us come and are always eager for a little chat afterwards. Watching my boys interact with these elderly people, in particular, brings me great joy
  • Shrove Tuesday - is there anything better than having an excuse to have pancakes for supper?
  • The robot is built and bagged. No more build days. Maybe that means Cameron will be able to focus on school once again.
What's on your bliss list this week. I'd love to hear it.

Also ... jump on over to Liv Lane's and share your list with others who are doing the same.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to the back pain ... hang in there. Pancakes for dinner ... definite joy! :D Wishing you a bliss filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to find some relief for your back.

    I have been fighting off a cold this week so my bliss has been hot cups of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely family. Hope the doc can help you with your back. Heat always does the trick for me; after I have the hot buttered rum. :>)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.