Thursday, January 08, 2015
We had our very own Fairy Godmother tour guide (aka Sharon) along and so we had the best time while she showed us around everywhere ... plus gave us a lot of the behind-the-scenes information that we didn't know before today.
I have to say, that Disney really knows how to treat their customers. Every cast member that we encountered today was very pleasant and accommodating ... even when we "snuck" onto the Haunted House grounds when the ride was closed, to take some pictures. The crew came out and asked us if we wanted them to take pictures of us and even jumped into the photos themselves. It really was refreshing to experience such great service.
Tuesday, January 06, 2015
The Christmas Season quickly became very busy and overwhelming for me. While it was a great Christmas, it was one filled with company, activities, and obligations.
Now that the New Year is here, I'm looking forward to things settling down a little and life getting back into a regular routine ... including scrapbooking again.
Today, we left the freezing cold of the Great White North, and headed towards sunny California. We are spending a couple of tourist days here before CHA (the biggest crafting trade show in the industry) starts this weekend.
We were up bright and early (4 a.m. EST) to get to the airport for our early morning flight. It felt like the whole day we did nothing but travel from one place to the next. We had a great time, though, and met some interesting people ... and some very fun guys ... flight crew for JetBlue who had us laughing while we were all crammed together on a shuttle to the car rental.
We have settled in for the night, now ... totally exhausted. Tomorrow ... Disney Land with our own personal Fairy Godmother!!
Thursday, December 18, 2014
I spent the day, well, at least part of the day, with Matt. We went to the mall so he could do his Christmas shopping. Once we got there, he went one way, and my sister and I went the other. When we met up for lunch, he was sporting a new hat that he bought for himself. He couldn't resist! It's a World of Warcraft hat!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Some have come and gone, some drop in when work obligations allow, but we're all in each other's hearts always!
I love them all!!!
Hello warm mitts and scarf ... I'm going to need you tonight.
Hello to-do list ... why is it that you keep getting longer and not shorter?
Hello green grass and puddles ... where did all the snow go?
Hello sleeping boy ... we have missed you around here!
Hello Christmas lights ... we're friends now that you're all working. Let's hope it stays that way.
Hello flat shoes ... you're going to be on my feet a lot this week.
Hello happy son ... I'm glad you got your computer working.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
- This week was all about Christmas shopping for me. I was out 3 1/2 days ... and I'm still not done!
- Had my usual Tuesday Lunch Bunch group - the ladies who get together every Tuesday to hang out and scrapbook
- I had my mother and sister here for two days. We spent two days out shopping together.
- We met up with our other sister and went out for dinner
- Attended Ricky's Christmas open house
- Cameron wrote his last exam on Friday and then I picked him up. He's now home, relaxing. for two weeks. It's good to have him home.
- We had John's family Christmas get-together yesterday. It's always good to spend time with family.
- Had some shocking news yesterday - a friend of mine had a heart attack. Fortunately she received medical attention right away and is now recuperating in the hospital
- I'm looking forward to the annual "Carols in the Park" tomorrow night. It's an outdoor carol sing, complete with a bon fire and hot apple cider.
- a Christmas lunch with the girls on Tuesday
- More Christmas shopping
- I will be manning one of the Salvation Army Christmas kettles a few times this week. If you walk past one this week, make sure you drop some money into the kettle. There are a lot of people who are needing assistance!
- Spending a day with my other sister this week to do some more shopping. I'm hoping that I will be finished off before then, so that I can just have a relaxing day with her
Saturday, December 13, 2014
No, I didn't really miss posting yesterday. I composed this post on my iPad last night but for some reason the blog press app won't publish so I've just downloaded a new app. Hopefully this one will post.
I have spent the last three days with my Mother and two sisters doing a lot of shopping, eating, and just enjoying each other's company. I put a good dent in my Christmas shopping but I still have a way to go yet.
Yesterday, it was a very snowy day and the roads were very slippery and traffic was very heavy because of it. I wasn't looking forward to getting back into the car at the end of our shopping day, but as we came out of the mall the sky was so beautiful as the sun was setting.
It really was breathtaking.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Tuesday, December 09, 2014
This is a layout I did for a layout tag a few months ago.
Matt is always saying "I'm Batman". So, John and I were shopping somewhere and saw these Batman underwear and had to buy them. We wrapped them up and gave them to him as part of his birthday present. He found as much humour in it as we did.
Monday, December 08, 2014
Hello caffeine ... I don't think I will make it through the day without you.
Hello new fridge ... don't get too comfortable ... you're not staying long.
Hello new desk chair ... I know one young man in this house who is going to love you!
Hello groceries ... it's nice to stock up again now that we have a working fridge.
Hello twitter ... I'm so new to this game!
Hello mounds of laundry ... where did you come from?
Hello friend ... it was nice to spend time with you on Saturday ... we should do that more often.
Hello Netflix ... you seem to be seeing a lot of me lately!
Hello new magazine ... I'm looking forward to curling up with you later today.
Hello exam time ... you always make life a little more stressful around here.
What are you saying hello to this week? You can link up your hellos on Lisa's blog.
Sunday, December 07, 2014
- John was travelling this week with business
- Scrapbook Nerd had a big Cyber Monday sale
- We also had a Cyber Monday crop which carried over to Tuesday with the Lunch Bunch ladies
- We finally had a new fridge delivered ... unfortunately it was the wrong one. We have now spent a couple of hours trying to rectify the situation since they don't have anymore of the fridges that we ordered
- I started my Christmas shopping
- I spent the day with a friend yesterday. She's putting together an album for her son for Christmas. Then we went out for tea and to a Christmas concert
- More Christmas shopping this week. Hopefully I can get it all done.
- Lunch Bunch on Tuesday
- Spending Wednesday and Thursday with my mother and sister - shopping
- Christmas open house at my brother's
- John's family Christmas get-together on Saturday
Check out these pillow boxes I made with a silhouette cut file and the Jillibean Holly Berry collection. They will be perfect for gift cards.
Saturday, December 06, 2014
Then ... I was about to post something this morning, when a friend came over. We spent the day together. She's making an album for her son for Christmas. We had a great day together, scrapbooking, having tea, laughing, going to Second Cup for more tea, and then ending the day at the Gift of Christmas concert at the Living Arts Centre.
I'm tired, but it's a good tired.
So, I will be back tomorrow ... and hopefully back on the blogging track.
Thursday, December 04, 2014
Wednesday, December 03, 2014
I love sketches and find them a great jump off point for starting a layout. I love the first sketch she came up with:
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Watching ... Judge Judy - one of my guilty pleasures
Trying ... to get into a regular blogging routine - I think it's working.
Cooking ... not much this week. John is away and boys are working or at College
Pinning ... kitchen ideas
Tweeting ... just retweeting Scrapbook Nerd tweets. I'm not a twitter person
Scrapping ... just finished a layout on putting up the Christmas lights
Going ... to a meeting about Ricky tomorrow.
Hoping ... it's productive.
Loving ... having the house decorated for Christmas!
Hating ... clutter in the basement!
Enjoying ... Netflix - a little too much!
Listening to ... my Christmas playlist
Thanking ... my peeps for a fun couple of days! Those girls rock!!
Starting ... my Christmas shopping ... tomorrow!
Monday, December 01, 2014
Last winter, just as John was going away from a couple of weeks, our fridge broke down.
Other times, it's been the dryer, the washer, the furnace.
I'm sharing another project today ... another one using the Jillibean Cool as a Cucumber collection. I love how this one turned out. I can't help but smile when I look at these older pictures of Cameron.