Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Being Thankful!

I know I'm a little late on this, as the Canadian Thanksgiving was last weekend. I still feel like I'm trying to play catch-up around here.

I have so much to be thankful for (and these are in no particular order):
-loving, devoted husband
-three great boys who make me smile everyday and who enjoy being with me almost as much as I enjoy being with them
-wonderful network of family and friends who support my family in everyway
-a roof over our heads to keep us warm and dry
-food in our bellies - including Nana's wonderful pumpkin pie! (our Minister on Sunday said that he was thankful for dirty dishes. What a cool way to put it)
-having a personal relationship with God who loves and cares for me
-that I live in the best country on Earth
-the beauty of Autumn in Canada
-that we are all healthy
-music
-modern technology
-my sweet boy Oliver (my kitty) who misses me terribly when I'm away
-time
-having things to laugh about
-a good cup of tea in front of a warm fire
-great memories

We had a very busy Thanksgiving weekend. We went to the trailer on Friday night and then got it all closed up for the winter on Saturday.
Sunday John's parents came for the afternoon for turkey and pumpkin pie.
Monday we drove out to Kingston to my sister's for turkey and pumpkin pie.
Yum!

I love Thanksgiving. Next to Christmas, it's my favourite day(s) of the year.

Most of my extended family couldn't make it this year for dinner at my sister's. There were 12 of us around the table (where normally there would be over 20) Still it was wonderful and it menat that there was more pie for the rest of us.

After dinner we went for a walk down by the lake. It was such a beautiful day and it was so peaceful, except for the constant chattering of two little two-year-olds.


So sweet.

We also enjoyed watching this fox out playing on the golf course behind my sister's house.




*******************************************************************************

I haven't had much energy for scrapbooking lately. It seems that I just can't get back into the swing of things since before the summer. I did get some done while I was away, but other than that I've been a creative dud! I'm hoping that I can get some organizing done next week and then get back into a routine. That's what I need - a routine. I crave it.

So, you'll have to endure another layout from my computer files that have been gathering dust.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    I love reading your Thankfulness list; so encouraging! I think I will meditate upon this and (hopefully) do a similar post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got photos of the fox!! it must have hung out for a while. oh yeah - and the kids are pretty cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your life is so full and that your heart is so thankful. Your photos are great, especially those of the two-year olds. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.