Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, October 08, 2010

Trying to get back into the swing of things.

What happened to September? No, really, where did it go? This whole month just disappeared on me and it hasn't slowed down yet. I hate that! I'm really so much happier when things are slower around here ... although I have been having a lot of fun.




I just got back from my annual Road Sisters scrapping vacation. This year we went to the Jersey shore and it was wonderful. There were 19 of us this year and we stayed here:



I know, my mouth dropped too when we found this place. It was a 10,000 square-foot mansion with 9 bedrooms. It was huge! What a way to spend a week! (and it's the only time we could ever afford to rent a house like this when we're splitting the bill 19 ways!) We had the best time. I didn't get a lot of scrapping done (or at least not as much as I would have liked to) but I don't think I've laughed that much in a very long time. These ladies are the absolute best to go away with. Everyone gets along so well together and it's a real joy to have these girls as friends.

I've come to realize that I really need these girls times. I'm sure that many of you who follow my blog must think that I'm always off with the girls ... and I am. 4 times a year I go off - three times for a weekend, and once for a week. Living in a house of males really makes me appreciate the time I get with my girlfriends. I think it's what keeps me sane some days (OK, so maybe there's nothing that can keep me sane, but it keeps me in touch with my femininity.)

I have the best husband, too, who knows that I need this girl time (and scrapping time) and never complains about me going away (except maybe next week when I'll be off for one of the scrapping weekends ... again - it just so happened that they fell close together.)

Now that the boys are older and independent, I can finally go away without feeling guilty ... well, I still have guilt, but then I'm a mom. This year was the easiest yet because Spencer is away at school, Matt is driving and could drive himself to work, and Cameron takes the bus to and from school. They can cook and prepare the meals, and I didn't have to worry about arranging lifts to all their practises and rehersals. Matt did the grocery shopping, and did any lifts that needed to be done. It was great.

I'm looking forward to next year already.

3 comments:

  1. Karen R12:45 PM

    Wow I thought it was a hotel when I saw the picture. Glad you had a great time....and I am a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect arrangement, Barbara. Such fun and uplifting friendships are a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a house! :D
    I'm glad you had a good time. You're right - time with girlfriends helps keep us sane. Good for you for taking time to connect with friends on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.