Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Cruise

The day we left from the cottage, we made a quick stop at home to dump off a lot of stuff and then to repack the car. Then we jumped back in the car and headed for New York City where we got onboard the Norwegian Dawn cruise ship. We set sail for Bermuda.


We left NYC on Sunday at 4 p.m. and spent Monday and Tuesday at sea, arriving in Bermuda on Wednesday morning. We had three days in Bermuda and then set sail again at 5 p.m. on Friday, arriving back in NYC on Sunday morning.


We had never been on a cruise before so we didn't really know what to expect, but I can say that it surpassed all my expectations. We all had such a great time. There was so much to do, or not to do. The food and the entertainment were good. Most nights Matt and Spencer would see the evening entertainment, and then Matt would go out late in the evening to the "night club".

Cameron joined the teen club on the second day, and from that moment on, we hardly saw him at all while we were on the ship. In fact, we had to insist that he join us for dinner and for a couple of the night shows where we had all decided to go together as a family.

We had some rain while we were in Bermuda, but we were still able to get out and see a little bit of the Island. We spent one day touring St. Georges, and another on Horseshoe Bay beach (which was packed due to the fact that it was the biggest local holiday of the year).


Cameron loved Horsehoe Bay and would have been happy just to stay there for the rest of our vacation.

Matthew became hyper focussed on jelly fish while we were at the beach. At first, it was very painful to watch him, as he was quiet anxious about them and nervous about the fact that the rest of us were swimming. After a while he found some cups and then started catching them. He spent the whole day catching jelly fish and "saving the swimmers from being stung." Once he had a mission, he was less anxious, but still hyper focussed. I snapped this picture of him. He was so focussed on the jelly fish that he never noticed all the young, pretty, bikini-clad girls all around him. Too funny!

The trip was an amazing one. I found myself coming home very relaxed. It was so nice to have a week where I didn't have to worry about a thing. All we had to do was show up for meals when we wanted to. I can't wait to go again!

The Header picture was taken on the ship as were these two pictures:



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful family Barabara! So funny about Matt. I bet he is kicking himself now. LOL. That ship looks amazing and it's something I would like to try at least once. You really had quite the summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family you have- We did a family cruise about 6 years ago (Royal Caribbean), and while we didn't think cruising was necessarily our thing, it was a great opportunity to spend time with my parents and siblings and their families.
    Here from Thursday 13 - and I popped in because we've got "matching" blog titles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Barbara... sounds like you had an amazing summer! I have to say I am quite envious as we did almost nothing in comparison. Thanks for sharing your stories and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new format of the blog and your header photo is gorgeous. Your cruise looks delightful. I can't wait to see more of the photos.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.