Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life at the moment


What a busy few weeks this has been. Wow. School is almost over and I'm looking forward to a more relaxed pace of life. I haven't been blogging as much lately as I just haven't been able to find a few moments. So, since I have a moment now, but not much energy, here is another random list of things on my mind right now:


-Matt's High School career is now over. His exams are done. All that's left to do is to walk across the stage, shake a few hands, grab his diploma, and smile for the camera.

-I think I will walk with him and share in the collection of that diploma since it seems I have worked just as hard to get him there, LOL!

-grad is on Thursday night, I wonder if I will be emotional

-Matt turned 19 on Sunday!!! 19!!!! We went out on Saturday night for dinner and surprised him with an ipod touch (combined birthday and graduation gift). It was so funny. We hid it under his serviette when he had left the table. When he returned he grabbed the serviette and just sat staring at it. Then he gave me the biggest hug. I love that kid!

-we heard from Seneca college and Matt has been accepted into the summer transition programme. That's great news! I know it will be really great for him and help him transition into college life.

-college life! Did I just say that? I'm going to have a kid in college!

-we have some family visiting with us for a few days. They came on Sunday and we spent a wonderful Father's Day with them, relaxing and visiting. It's been wonderful to spend time with them

-the summer weather has finally arrived! I'm so happy.

-with the arrival of the nicer weather, I've been line drying our clothes. We used to do this all the time when we lived in Barbados. I love line-dried clothes.

-Spencer is done with his braces now. Can you believe it? He only started in January. He had the invisalign orthodontics (clear liners that he removed for eating only). They are much faster than traditional braces. Wow! 6 months compared to 18 months he would have had the traditional ones on for. Now he's sporting a brand new smile.

-I'm looking forward to heading up to the trailer for the weekend. We'll go up Friday morning. The boys don't know it yet, but there is a deck staining party in their future. (if it doesn't rain)

-I haven't been doing much in the scrapping department, other than doing some shopping. Maybe next week.

-I think I'm addicted to Home Sense!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! College! Time sure flies! I'm with you on having a little part of that diploma. With all the work I do with the girls, I think I'll deserve a piece of theirs too when the time comes! LOL

    Have you seen that Ali E and now CathyZ is copying you. ;P They have started posting "On this day" posts on their blog like you've been doing this year. =)

    Congrats to Matt and to Spencer! I hope that I remember about those faster braces when the time comes with the girls, if they need some. Were those more expensive than the "regular" ones?

    I'm glad that the nice weather has finally reached Qc too. Not a day too soon if you ask me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Matthew. Yes Barb you are getting up there, but you are far from being over the hill which is always 10 years beyond your age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Matt. I'm glad he's in the summer programme... it'll be great for him. :)

    Enjoy your weekend at the trailer. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your good deck-staining weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Matt (and you, the loving, supportive mom)! Super!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.