Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Busy Season is now upon us!

I know a lot of my family know what December means in the life of a Salvationist ... and more specifically a member of a Salvation Army Band.

Let me share a glimps, for the rest of you. Tonight, actually in two hours, we will all head into Toronto in our uniforms with our instruments in our hands, to play for two hours at Sunnybrook hospital. While there we will be visiting a lot of different hospital wards to play and deliver some little gift bags. Thursday is band practise night (although this week we won't be making that as we have a conflict on three accounts). Saturday we will be heading into Toronto to play on the Christmas Kettles at Yonge and Eglinton. Sunday we will be playing at Church in Toronto, then we need to rush to Guelph for a family Christmas, and then rush back into Toronto to play at a Christmas concert at a United Church. That will end week one of our December.

It's just beginning ... but I love it. There's just something about playing at this time of the year. It really is special ... and I love that all five of us share in this together.

On a scrapping note, I have unpacked my stuff and set up my room again. I have started spending more time scrapping at home and I'm loving it! Here are a couple of recent layouts. These layouts are from a family reunion last May. I love the pics in the second layout. Matt was showing his little cousin how to play his game. He picked her up and put her on the chair with him and the two of them sat quietly chatting and sharing a special moment together.



2 comments:

  1. i have to admit that i do miss the occasional kettle playing, but certainly don't miss the craziness that is associated with being a salvation army bandsman/woman at christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the season. You may not believe this, but December is one mof my slowest times of the year.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.