1. I can't seem to focus my brain enough this morning to figure out a good topic for Thursday Thirteen.
2. I officially started my Christmas shopping yesterday. I spent a few hours going from store to store, crossing items off my list. I was pretty successful. Now I just need to find somewhere to hide the loot so that certain people around here don't "stumble" across them over the next few weeks. It's getting harder and harder finding good hiding spots.
3. Why are teenagers so hard to get out of bed! (Ok, I do know why .... but, why me??) There has to be an easier way than yelling!
4. My Parents will be over this afternoon. Tonight we have a Christmas party to go to with my brother, Ricky.
5. Yay! I actually get to dress up like a girl today! I get to shed my jeans, do my hair, put on some make-up and jewelry, and some heals. (I hope I don't fall off my heals and break my ankle!)
6. John's Christmas party is this weekend so that means I get to dress like a girl two days this week.
7. I don't enjoy going to his Christmas parties. I know, I'm bad. I'm an introvert and so I find it very difficult sitting at a table for two hours, talking to people I don't know ... making small talk. The thought of the reception before hand, and having to mingle around, is really making me nervous!
8. Apparently I have too much time on my hands. I really hate it when someone tells me that! We all have the same amount of time people, we just choose to use it differently. In the same vane I really hate it when someone says "It must be nice to have the time to do that". Again, it's a choice! We all make time for the things we love to do!
9. I'm so happy right now as Matt has been making some friends at school and has gone out after school with them to get something to eat. (this is a big deal in the life of someone who has a disorder that makes relating to others very difficult ... he has Nonverbal Learning Disorder.) He's even been texting with a girl!
10. Still on the Matthew front, he has some direction for next year (finally, whew!) He's interested in taking a chemistry programme at Seneca. This is a huge step for him. Now we can start to move forward.
11. Cameron got his report card yesterday. We were pleased with what we saw. I'm looking forward to the parent/tacher interview tomorrow when we will be discussing the accomodations for him. He's been working so hard both at school and at home.
12. We went to see Four Christmases last weekend. I love movies where I can laugh a lot ... and I did. It was very funny.
13. I seem to be having a hard time finishing the decorations for Christmas. I got the tree up, the main floor decorated. Now I need to put the tree up in the basement family room and decorate that room and hang some garland outside. An hour's worth of work and I'd be done, but I can't get motivated.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants