Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Christmas Quiz

I saw this fun quiz on my blog surfing the other day. My answers are below each question.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually wrapping paper. The boys love unwrapping the paper. I'll use bags for odd shaped gifts.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. I never liked the idea of killing a tree just to decorate for a couple of weeks. However, I saw on TV how real trees are much better for the environment as when the articifial break down in the land fills they cause a lot of toxins that end up in our ground water.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually November 30th. That's my birthday and I've always enjoyed just spending the day decorating. This year, though, I'm decorating today as I will be busy all day tomorrow.

4. When do you take the tree down?
January 2nd.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Ewwwwwww!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
It was probably a doll. I don't remember anything in specific.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Usually my Dad. This year I think it will be my Mom.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Cameron

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Honestly, neither. I never seem to get around to it.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Ummmmm ... probably some item of clothing

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love The Santa Clause with Tim Allen ... Oh, and The Grinch with Jim Carey

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually sometime in November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I love it all.

16. Lights on the tree?
Yes, the more the better.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night

8. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We stay home now. Usually both my parents (and Ricky)and John's parents come on Christmas Eve and stay over. We love it!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen .... and do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiney nose .... LOL!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Rude shoppers and trying to get a parking spot.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My tree is burgandy and gold, but Ilove blue and silver right now.

24. Favorite dessert for Christmas dinner?
Not Christmas Pudding!!!! Ewwww!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I don't really have anything on my wishlist. Oh, wait. I want photo shop.

26. Any special Christmas traditions?
The usual ones. Plus we always have a "Wrapping Party" where the five of us get our gifts out and wrap them all at the same time (different areas of course) and we have goodies, and music. then we watch a christmas movie.

3 comments:

  1. A most interesting list of questions to use as the basis for a blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw this out as a challenge. I posted my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list is up now.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.