Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Well, we made it through the first day of school. The night before, Cameron had a stomach ache. I knew it was due to anxiety. Spencer was a little nervous, too. All three had the longest faces I've ever seen.

It was hard to get them all out of bed yesterday morning, but they eventually got up, dressed, and out the door on time. Spencer wanted to ride his bike with his friend so I just drove Cameron. He lightened up a little when he saw a couple of friends. Then, he found out who his teacher was. His teacher is a young guy. A cool guy. Cameron was grinning from ear to ear and then said "OK, bye Mom!" I know he's going to enjoy his teacher this year.

Spencer ended up in a 7/8 split which he's not too happy aobut. We're not, thrilled, either, but I said that it's a testement to what kind of student he is. There are only 10 grade 8s and they are self starters and require very little teacher intervention. I hope he's fine.

Myself, I spent the morning running back and forth to Matt's school. Apparently they have to actually go through registration before they can go to class, even though they are already attending that school. We finally got him registered and he went off to class and I went home to pack my things and head out to the Scrapbook store to play with my friends.

When Matt came home he told me that he was already picked on! His first day of school, and it has started already. Matt has Nonverbal Learning Disorder which means that he has a lot of difficulties relating to others. Basically, he doesn't get all the non-verbal communication. As a result, he's been the target of bullying throughout his school career. Here we are, day one of grade 10, and it has started already!!!

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) I'm SO sorry it's started already. Your poor guy...give him a hug for me!

    Christyne

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.