Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Occasionally I go to a site that has some very thought provoking questions. One of the questions that I read today was "what 5 changes would you like to make over the next 5 years?"

Hmmmmmm ....
The first, of course, would be around my children. Five years from now two of my boys will be off in university and totally in control of their own lives. The third one will be entering his teen years. I tend to be a very involved mother, maybe sometimes too involved. I would like to take a step back from their lives and allow them to be able to blossom into wonderful, independant young men. I want to be able to watch them from the sidelines and yet share in their joys and sorrows, without being controlling.

The second change would involve my relationship with my husband. Now that the boys are getting older, it's time that we spend more time and energy on our own relationship.

Thirdly, I would love to see myself in better physical shape. Over the past years, it hasn't been a priority of mine, but lately I've realized that I need to spend that time on myself and keep myself healthy and active.

The fourth thing would be that I contiue to build on my self esteem. Ever since I was small I've been a bit of an approval junkie. As I get older, however, I've become more confident and comfortable in my own skin. I am who I am.

Lastly, I would like to see myself giving more time and energy to volunteering of some sort. I need to look outside my own family and confortable little world and give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.