Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Where does the time go?

Yesterday my baby, my oldest baby, turned 15. It's so hard to beleive that he's that old arleady! We went out for dinner last night to the restaurant of his choice and while we were waiting for our food John and I were remembering the day he was born. He was born on June 21st, 1990 at 11:20 a.m. after an 8 hour labour. He was so cute. I can still vividly remember the smell and touch and his first cry. Dad was so proud of his first son. He couldn't wait to have people come in to the hospital to see him. Our lives, at that very moment, changed drastically. We became a family. We became parents who were totally responsible for a life. Totally responsible for molding and shaping him. At times we have done it well, and at others not so well. Parenting, as we would find out in the years to come, is the most difficult job in the world.

The years have passed quickly and he is now 15! It hasn't always been easy for him as he has some challenges, but he is a wonderful spirit who is very loving and kind. He's bright, sensitive, and determined. He makes us so proud.

Happy birthday Matthew! We love you.

1 comment:

  1. awww happy bday to your ds! you are very talented. i love that LO!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.