Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

Today is the day to celebrate fathers. In a world that is filled with unfit fathers, I feel very blessed that I'm surrounded by men who are wonderful examples of fatherhood. My brothers, brothers-in-law, and uncles are all great men who have parented their children in very loving ways and are very involved in their children's lives. Not only have they parented their own children, but they have taken the time to be involved in their neices' and nefews' lives. ...you know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child." The men in my life practise this and my own boys have had the benefit of this.

My own father was, and still is, a very involved father. He always takes an interest in the lives of his family, with no exception. I count myself very fortunate to have had a father who loved me, nutured me, and cried with me when I was hurt. He prayed for me, and guided me with a loving hand. He still does all that today, and does it for all his grandchildren as well.

My husband is also a father who is involved in the lives of our boys. He loves them and nutures them, and helps to guide them in this very confusing world. Our family is never complete until he walks through the door at the end of the day. They always have, and still do, yell "Dad!" when he comes home each night. What more could any man ask for than to hear and excited "Dad!" at the end of a tiring day?

To all the fathers in my life, thank you for the impact you've had on my life and the lives of my children. You will never know just what effect you've had on the lives of all the children around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.