Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

My middle son came home last night after spending the last few days in Quebec City with his class. He's in grade 7 and not 13 yet. He's small for his age and a quiet guy. What I can't figure out is how, over the course of four days, they can grow up that much. Of course, he didn't grow physically, but he's somehow walking a little different. He seems to have a little more confidence. ...and where did he get that attitude??? I had to quickly remind him that he can't treat his younger brother in a mean way. Maybe some of it is because he was exhausted (but he wouldn't admit to that), but I think that spending a few days away from Mom where he had to be totally responsible for himself had an impact. Although I don't want to smother them and hang on to them, a part of me still isn't ready to have my boys grow up.

He was so cute when he got off the bus. Dh, myself, and youngest ds, were there to greet him. He had bought something for me and couldn't wait to give it to me. Before he even reached me he had it out of his bag and in his hand with a big smile on his face. He was so cute. It was a lovely brass rose bracelet, so of course I've had it on ever since. This morning he keeps asking me if I like his gift. What he will realize when he's a father himself is that it wouldn't have mattered what he gave me, I love it and will always cherish it. - These are the memories I need to be putting in my scrapbook.

*****

Thanks to the help of the woman who inspired me to start my own BLOG, I was able to learn how to upload pictures. This is my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.