Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, June 27, 2005

It's not the heat, it's the humidity!

It was so hot and sticky here on Friday and Saturday. Sunday was hot, but the humidity was down so at least we could breathe.

I took two of the boys to our trailer for the weekend. Our middle son had three different things to go to on Saturday so John stayed home with him. We have a 32 ft. trailer about an hour and a half north of here. It's great to be able to get away from the city and the heat. Some how it's always cooler up there. We hadn't been there since we opened it on the May long weekend, so the grass was very long. When we arrived on Friday night it was dreadfully hot, but I couldn't stand looking at the grass so I had to cut it right away. Then because it was so long, it had to be raked up (especially since I didn't want it to be trailed inside all weekend.) By the time we had all that done and the beds made up, I flaked onto the the bed. There was a bit of a breeze coming in and I didn't have the energy to do anything except lay there. My youngest son was so cute because he thought I was lonely and that I should go out and visit with the neighbours. He then proceeded to take care of me the rest of the night.

Saturday I had high hopes of getting some flowers planted, but after running around all morning I couldn't find what I wanted. We headed back to the trailer for lunch. It was so hot by this time. I went inside, shut all the windows, and turned on the air conditioner ... only to have the power blow a short time later. Youngest ds and I decided it was time to cool off in the pool so we went. We just got in when the life guard had to clear the pool because a child had vomitted and so the pool had to be closed for the rest of the day!!! No air conditioning, no pool, no happy campers!!!!! DS was begging me to take him to the beach, but since I wasn't sure if the beach was open we just headed into town for ice cream. When we got back, we had power again. Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.