Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Scrapping Bug online crop

This weekend the Staff and Design Team members held an online crop over at The Scrapping Bug. It went from Friday evening to Sunday night and it was a blast. It was a fast-paced few days of challenges, games, prizes, and lots of chatter.
I haven't participated in a ton of online crops, but I do have a few of them under my belt. I have to say, though, that this one was by far the most fun I've ever participated in. I can't wait until the next one.

By the way, Helen, when is the next one? LOL!

I managed to get 5 of the challenges done.

The first one was for an altered item challenge. I don't do a lot of altered items, but I saw this idea on Pinterest a while ago and have been wanting to do it, so I grabbed an old canvas that used to hang in Spencer's room and did it. It will look very nice on the bookself in our bedroom.



This challenge was to stamp on a project. Once again, it's not something I do much of. I ended up stamping the title with versamark and then heat embossing.



This one was for a colour challenge. We had to use kraft as the background and let the colours pop.



This one was for a challenge to dig into our old stash. I certainly have a lot of old stash laying around and was happy to use some of it up.



This ended up being my favourite from the weekend.  It was for a sketch challenge. The think I love most about sketch challenges is how everyone's finished project ends up looking so different.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You were busy! I would have loved to have taken part but we were all over the countryside all weekend! Mind you, you made enough stuff for me too! I really like the product you used on the beach layout. Where is it from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects Barb. I like the canvas you made, I might try that. Such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects! My fave is the beach page. Great colours!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.