Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Fragments

I don't have too much floating around in my brain this week. I think I've gone into shut down mode with everything I have on my plate right now ... and with everything that will be going on for the next month and a half.

  • This week John turned 50! -the big 5-0! How did that happen?? The thing is I couldn't tease him too much about it because it's my turn in two weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
  • The painting continues. I got the basement family room all painted, including trim. There are eight doors in that room. 8!!! - one of those doors is a set of french doors too. This week I'm working on the guest room. Walls are now done - today I start the trim.
  • Matt had a bit of a scary incident at work this week. He works the night shift at a fast-food type place. The store is closed during the night but the drive-through window is open. He was doing some of his cleaning duties when he looked up to see a man standing there asking for some food. They didn't know how he got in until they looked at the surveillance tapes later and saw that he actually climbed through the take-out window. I'm just so glad that they were able to get him out of the store without incident. It could have been so much worse.
  • Home Depot called to say that the tile that we ordered was in. We had ordered stone tile - 5 boxes containing 7 tiles each. I went in to pick it up. They brought me out one box. "Um, no, there's supposed to be 5 boxes." No, she said, you ordered 5 tiles. "No, I ordered 5 boxes with 7 tiles in each box." She opened the box and there was only 5 tiles in the box. She checked the order form and tells me that I only paid for 5. "Well, then they are the most expensive tiles on the face of the earth then because that would mean they are $100 a piece. My whole order was almost $600. I paid for 5 boxes of 7" She called someone up, who then went and checked the tile boards and came back and told me that I was right. Really?? So they're not $100 per tile? So now we have to wait longer for them to get the right order in.
  • PD Day today. Cameron is going rock climbing this afternoon with the jazz band. One of the parents asked me if I wanted to go along too and climb. I'm not sure I'm up for that. It might be a good photo op though. Afterwards we're all going for dinner. I'm looking forward to that.
Well, I can't put off the painting anymore. I'm the queen of procrastination. If you have lots of fragments floating around in your head and want to get them out, visit Friday Fragments to participate.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday John !
    Sounds like the painting is going well, but 8 doors and one is french....yikes. I find french doors time consuming and I usually get paint on the glass.

    WOW that is scary for Matt and his co-workers. I'm glad it was solved without incident.

    Have fun rock climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really strange about the guy climbing in through the window! Glad he didn't make any trouble.

    Stopping by from Friday Fragments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Lord, I can just imagine that tile situation. I would have been so exasperated!

    That's scary about the window climber. Glad he was mostly harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I turned 50 last year, I liked being "five dimes." The fun thing is, when I turn 55 in four years, I will be "double nickles."

    Hm, le or el on that one, I can never remember! But that's not memory loss, it's a spelling flaw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I hope your holiday is a great one :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.