Hmmmm .... what to write for this week's list.
Well, I guess I will do a completely random list of just thirteen things in my head. This could be scarey!
1. I just bought 4 tickets to Cirqu Du Soleil. We're going to take my parents. I still owe my dad a birthday gift, and we want to thank them for giving up a week to come and chaufeur my kids around while I was away.
2. Thanksgiving is this weekend. I love Thankgiving.
3. On Sunday we're going to go to Guelph to spend the day with John's family.
4. On Monday my family is coming here for turkey.
5. We managed to find a big bird!
6. I bought impulsively ... well, not really impulsively because I've been thinking about it for a long time ... yesterday. I bought a new chandalier for the dining room. John doesn't like it, but I told him he will once it's up. He will. I really love it. I had enough of the cheap Walmart one that's been there for the last 9 years.
7. I got the results from the assessment from the Chiropractor. I has scoliosis! Yes, that's right. The bottom of my spine curves one way and then my neck curves in the opposite direction. No wonder I've been having back and neck pain, and migraines. Hopefully it will get better after he works his magic. I've gone for two adjustments and this morning I woke up without a sore back!
8. I'm still scrapping. Tomorrow night I'm going to Cathy's for a scrapping night at her house ... unless she's too tired from her trip.
9. Wow! Was it ever windy yesterday. I saw a lady who was struggling with her gazebo that was in a tangled mess. I was so happy that I took our canopy off ours when I heard that we were going to get a lot of wind this week.
10. It doesn't look like the weather is going to be that great this weekend. It really feels like winter is coming. It's too early for these temperatures.
11. John's taking the day off tomorrow. It's been a long time since we've spent the day together without the kids around. I wonder where we'll go for lunch.
12. It's a crazy schedule in our house right now. Our normal, sit and eat as a family for dinner, routine is all messed up. We're all eating on the fly right now. Monday and Wednesday Matt and Spencer have driver's ed at 6 p.m. so John has to eat by himself. Tuesday Matt is late getting home, and Spencer has to leave early for Jazz band and I drive him. John's comes home a little earlier but eats by himself and then leaves for badminton and Matt eats by himself when he gets home. Thursday is band practise night so Cameron, Spencer and I eat, Matt eats at school and then I pick him up, and John eats on his way to band practise. Friday is our only evening together right now ... and the weekends. Fortunately Driver's Ed is only for another two weeks.
13. I'm really struggling with the fact that my boys are growing into adulthood. I know it's natural, and I'm trying to facilitate it, but I don't have to like it, do I? OK, sometimes I love it, but sometimes I miss my little boys.
To participate in Thursday Thirteen, go here: