Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Week

Another week has zipped by and is coming to a close. At the beginning of the week I always have such great ambitions about what I want to accomplish during that week, but then end up not even getting to half of what I needed and wanted to do. Maybe I shouldn't have such an extensive list, or maybe I need to take extra caffine, I don't know.
Anyway, here's a list of what I did manage to get done this week:

-I finished a recipe/menu box that I've been working on for a few weeks. (I will post more about that when I take pictures.)
-I managed to get everyone to where they needed to be on time
-endless housework
-shopping for Monday's big family dinner that will be here. Today there's still more to do
-I went on a jeans hunt for Cameron's pants. At the beginning of September he had a drawer full of pants. I have no idea what happened to them all. I had to throw 2 pairs out this week because the knees were gone. The rest are mia! I did manage to find two of them at the bottom of Spencer's closet (?!?!?!?!?) He also told me that he had at least one pair in his locker at school. Sheesh!
-I went through Spencer's clothes to see what he's needing for the fall/winter. It looks like we will be going shopping this afternoon for more jeans for him too. Why won't they stop growing?
-we managed to get up the new chandalier - very nice!! I love it.
-I got some more scrapping done.
-I spent far too much time on this computer!!

Well, there's always next week, sigh!

This is a recent layout I did. I took these pictures of Spencer last Spring when he was taking the Go Train into Toronto by himself to attend a Master's Class for piano. It really struck me at just how grown up and independent he is becoming.

7 comments:

  1. lol - he looks thrilled to have his mom snapping shots at the go train station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major independence points are exciting, yet they also create some parental sighs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't miss buying clothes for the boys. That's one thing you'll be able to look forward to as they become more independent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That layout is absolutely stunning! You did an incredible job on it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination of pictures. That layout with those photos tells so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LO... the way the papers are blocked together is fabulous!

    And I'm laughing at the jeans going mia. That is SO going to be my boys in a few years. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Barbara,
    Sounds like you're getting many worthwhile things done!

    I hear ya on the jeans situation, as we are experiencing the same problem with our 13-year old son. Ditto on shoes, because of rapidly growing feet. But, it's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.