13 Things that have kept me away from my blog this past week:
1. On Saturday Cathy and I went down to London to take Mom out for lunch for Mother's Day. It was a very nice day. We went for lunch, did a little shopping, and went to a garden centre. Our time went way too fast!
2. After spending the day with Mom, Cathy dropped me off in Guelph to meet John. Then we took John's parents out for dinner for Mother's Day. John's brother and sister-in-law were able to join us too. It was a lovely evening with great food and great company.
3. On Sunday I spent the day with my own family. John and the boys had gone shopping and got me some gifts for Mother's Day. We went out for lunch and then I spent the afternoon puttering around my scrapbook room.
4. I've spent most of the daylight hours over the past several days outside in the garden. After two years of neglect, they needed a major overhaul. I've been trimming, digging, pulling weed after weed, hauling new topsoil and refilling all the gardens, moving patio stones, and planting. Whew! That was a lot of work. I'm very tired, have a very sore back, but it's almost all done. All I need to do (ahem, we need to do) is put the mulch down. I hate doing the mulch so I will be insisting on help from some very able-bodied boys and men around here.
5. When I've been forced to come inside, I've been trying to keep on top of the housework. You know, laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. Let's just say that the inside doesn't look near as good as the outside right now.
6. Mom's taxi ... driving here, there, and everywhere.
7. Tuesday was one of those manic days. After Lunch Bunch I had to run to the grocery store and pharmacy, then I had to whip home to grab Cameron's music, trumpet, and concert clothes. Then I had to pick him, and three other kids up from their schools and get them to HJJB practise out in Burlington. They went into overtime and didn't finish until 6:20 and Cameron needed to be back at school for 6:30. (impossible!) After dropping everyone off, I managed to get Cameron to school for the Spring Concert at 7. He arrived just as they were going on stage. (fortunately, the director of the HJJB ... who went into overtime in the practise ... is Cameron's music teacher at school, so there was no need to explain why we were late.
8. We are getting ready to go to the trailer tomorrow for the weekend. We're opening the trailer for the season which means a lot of packing this week. I don't think we're going to fit everything into the car. Oops! (should I admit that I miss having the space that we had in the van?)
9. I've spent some time with my friend from Cameron's school this week. (She's the one who has been undergoing chemotherapy for cancer.) Good news! The chemo is working and the cancer is shrinking. Yay. Poor her. It's been a tough road for her. I know she's looking forward to be done with the treatments so she can get back to feeling better.
10. We've been on the phone this week (Matt and I) with Seneca College to set up a time for an admission test all students have to take, and to try and get him into a transition programme. Int he summer they run a four day programme for kids with learning disabilities to help them transition into college life. They are introduced to key people they will need to know and told about all the services that are available to them. They also do recreational stuff with them to help them get to know each other. Unfortunately, kids with Asperger's and NLD are put on a wait list as they don't seem to recognize these disorders as true learning disabilities (maybe because they aren't in the DSM?) Fortunately, Matt's IPRC and IEP actually list him as having a communication learning disability, so he shouldn't have a problem being accepted into this programme.
11. Tomorrow is Music Fest Nationals. Both HJJB and Spencer's High Rendition Jazz are competing. It's out in Markham this year. Spencer's school band is also playing at Wonderland tomorrow so it means a lot of back and forth and juggling people and schedules to make sure everyone is where they need to be when they need to be there. It will feel good to pull into the trailer after a day of running everyone everywhere.
12. American Idol. For those AI fans, can you believe who went home last night?
13. Lastly, the thing most keeping me from my blog is I'm just plain tired!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants