1. Scrapbooking. I'm heading to camp after lunch for the Scrapbooking Retreat. Some of you know that I have organized these retreats twice a year now for 7 years. Well, I have handed the reigns over to two very capable ladies and so now I get to go as an attendee. I'm so excited. I have a lot of layouts planned and want to get a lot done. Most importantly, I have packed my long-lost mojo!
2. Visiting with old friends that I haven't seen since the last retreat.
3. Hanging out with my peeps.
4. Spending some time walking around the camp grounds and down by the lake. The weather is supposed be be almost summer like so I may end up spending more time outside than in. Hmmmm ... that might affect #1!
5. Going over to check on the trailer. Our trailer is on the camp grounds, but on the other side. I need to go over and make sure that it made it through the winter OK. Note to self: take your boots because it's going to be muddy!
6. Going to Giant Tiger. A trip to Jackson's Point is never complete without at least one trip into town to go to Giant Tiger. For those unfortunate enough not to have experienced it, Giant Tiger is a discount store ... a very cool one ... with very cool things ... Note to self: make sure you have your credit card.
7. Not cooking meals and not doing dishes! What more can I say?
8. Laughing. lots and lots of laughing.
9. Spending some time in devotion and meditation. I always love this aspect to the weekend.
10. Not helping with homework, helping to settle arguments, and driving kids around. That job is all John's this weekend ... although I usually end up getting at least one phone call from home complaining that "Matthew drew a Hitler moustache on me" or "Cameron is squirting me in the back of the head with a squirt bottle." Note to self: turn off cell phone between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
11. pranks ... and that's all I'm going to say about that.
12. Eating. The meals are made for us and are always good, and the trays of food that everyone always bring is even better. yum!
13. Band concert. Yes, you read that right. Unfortunately this weekend coincides with a band concert that our Church band is in. Fortunately it's not until Sunday evening, so right from camp I have to head straight to Toronto, looking presentable and in my uniform, with my instrument in hand, and try to stay awake for a two-hour concert. Note to self: sit in front of the tubas!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants