Things have been rather hectic around here this past week. I feel like I need a vacation. So, today's Thursday Thirteen is all about what's going on in this neck of the woods:
1. We're getting ready for our vacation. Usually our March Break is spent down in Florida with my parents, but this year will be our last March Break that we will be spending together as a family. Isn't that sad?? With Matt going off to College next year, his break will be different from the other two. So ... we decided that we were going to hop on a plane and take a real vacation. So, in a week we'll be off to fry our skin in the Dominican Republic.
2. In preparing for our trip I have been doing a little early spring cleaning of everyone's clothes to make sure we all have enough summer wear that still fits us. I've been tossing huge amounts of clothes. I love purging! Now I need to get out and see if I can buy the boys some new clothes before we go.
3. My scrapbook store in town announced on Sunday that they were closing their doors effective immediately. So sad that another store has to close. They still have a store in Mississauga, but due to some of their business practises, I will no longer be a customer of their's.
4. The group of ladies that I got together with every Tuesday to scrapbook with were meeting at that store. Since we were left homeless ... and on short notice, I had 10 ladies at my house on Tuesday. We had a great time, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. We decided to just rotate houses for our get togethers.
5. Tuesday morning, right before the girls started arriving, I discovered a leak in the basement ceiling. Since the basment is finished, it was difficult to see where the leak was coming from, but it was getting worse. That meant that I had to turn the main water off and just turn it back on for potty breaks. NICE! Last night John had to cut some holes into the ceiling of the basement to try and figure out where the water was coming from. We think the mystery is solved as it appears that it was the water and ice maker on the fridge that had sprung a leak. I hope the mystery is solved!
6. Last weekend was a very busy one and we were running from one thing to the next all weekend long. Sunday night was a farewell concert for the Divisional Youth Band as they are going on tour in Florida. Spencer won't be going as it is during the March Break and he would rather go with us to Dominican Republic. I'm not complaining!
7. Matt and Spencer both got their G1 driver's lisence this week. Look out world! This is the first step of the graduation lisencing in Ontario. We looked at a driver's ed programme last night. Holy Canoli! They want at least $800 per child. Yikes! ...I don't even want to know how much our insurance is going to go up by!
8. One of the moms at school who I've become friends with has found out that she has Lymphoma (non hodgekins.) She has started Chemo and has been so sick. Please pray for her, her husband, and her son who is only 12. I know they will all need as much strength and support as they can get during this difficult time.
9. Milena and I went out for lunch and some scrapbook shopping yesterday. I'm so glad that we have reconnected. We yakked so much. I thought I talked her ear off, and she thought that she talked my ear off. It was fun! Thanks, Milena. Next time it's the Bug!
10. This weekend we're going out for dinner and a movie with some friends that we hardly ever get to see. It will be great to be able to spend some time with them!
11. Last night I spent about 3 hours on my lap top editing photos and then sending them off to be printed. I really hate that whole process. It will be nice to have a bunch of pictures on hand again ready to be scrapbooked. I need to do that more often, then maybe it won't be a three-hour long event!
12. Friday night Cathy is having a group of girls to her place for her monthly crop. Hmmmm ... there seems to be a common theme running through this post, LOL!
13. Well, I can't think of one last thing to write so I guess that's it. I keep hearing Jon and Kate (from Jon and Kate Plus 8) "It's a crazy life, but it's our life."
To participate in Thursday Thirteen, go HERE