Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Coffee, anyone?

Did you know
-that people who drink coffee are less likely to commit suicide than people who don't
-The average American drinks 3.4 cups of coffee a day
-there are 1,000 different chemicals in a cup of coffee - 26 of them have been tested to see if they cause cancer in lab rats and 13 of them do
-in the 1820s a temperance movement tried to ban coffee - and they almost succeeded
-coffee beans aren't beans, they're fruit pits, making coffee the most consumed fruit in the US
-iron fortified milk turns coffee green
-when coffee first arrived in Europe it was known as Arabian Wine
-the French writer Voltaire drank 70 cups of coffee a day (I wonder how much he slept at night!) -one tsp of liquid nicotine or 1/2 ounce of pure caffeine are considered lethal doses for a 150 pound man.

OK, time for a Timmies!

The end of another week. Semester two is off to a good start. Yay! Everyone loves their teachers and their classes. Yay.

Spencer has a three-hour DYB practise tonight which means one of us will need to try and kill time in North York for three hours. I think I will see if John wants to go see a movie after we drop Spencer off. What else can one do for three hours on a Sunday evening in Toronto?

I know, I know. Pretty boring week around here. ...but trust me ... boring equals good in my house. Boring means things are going well for everyone.

Here's my layouts from this week.



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:45 AM

    Wow, THREE hour practise, our boys have a TWO hour and they think that it is long. Yeah a movie sounds like a good idea.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I don't drink coffee. Please don't tell me that tea is even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of coffee but I do not like to drink it. Thanks for the education. To keep you going during DYB's three hours, did you get two or three cups of coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:13 PM

    The coffee facts are interesting, but I choose to ignore the scary ones. I love my coffee and wouldn't be able to function without it. *sigh*

    Great LOs, as usual. Your pages are always so classic and timeless. I love that you journal on every page. Sometimes I look and wonder what the REAL story behind the page is... you've always got a good story to tell on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH what a cute layout!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.