Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Today's the last day of school for two weeks. Yay! Somehow, it's always easier for the boys to get up and get ready for school when it's the last day. This morning they were all happy to get up and dressed and out the door on time. The excitment is building.

My sister, Cathy, just confirmed to me that she and her husband will be spending Christmas with us. So we will have both sets of parents, Cathy and Don, and my brother Rick all with us and staying over on Christmas Eve. I'm so excited. I love having a houseful. It's just like Chrismas was for us when we were children. The boys are so excited about it too, and are more than willing to give up their bedrooms for company and camp out on a couch or floor.

Cathy sent me this picture this morning. 5 of us siblings 45 years ago! Santa doesn't look very impressed!


8 comments:

  1. I'd say you look even less impressed than Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you will have a full house and then some. Can we come?

    Maybe Santa was trying to put a little distance between himself and every Santa's horror....a leaking diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, just say the word. There's always room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Hey Barbara; You visited me over at "autumnhomeschoolingmom"...I thought I'd check you out as well! And your Canadian!! Imagine that. Also you are Salvation Army and I am Wesleyan...which share some similiar beliefs.

    Please share what you have learned with your experience with your son who has non-verbal learning disorder.

    Nice to meet you!

    Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:15 PM

    I love that photo... you guys were sooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Stephen sat long enough, I look stunned and Barbara looks too impresssed with the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think mom drugged my milk that morning.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.