Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Finally checking in!

It's been over a month since I've posted anything. Wow! Time hasn't stood still for a minute for me to catch a breath. I can't beleive that the summer is half over already! I'm just starting to feel like I can relax and enjoy it.

So much has gone on in the last month. Some of you already know what I've been up to:

-school finished. We were all happy about that.

-as soon as school was out we packed up and headed for the trailer. We enjoyed the long Canada Day weekend settling into the new trailer. On the Monday there was the big, annual, Canada Day picnic at the camp for all the Salvation Army Churches in our division. This year, we entered a team into the ball tournament ... we didn't do very well, but it was fun. Afterwards, we all went over to the trailer for a BBQ.

-after a few days at the trailer we had to come home and pack up for Music Camp

-music camp was fun, as usual. Cameron was a camper, I was a counsellor, and Spencer was a Junior Faculty (which means he helps out with all the different programmes and gets his volunteer hours.) There was the usual water fights which culminated in a huge lynching of a few of the staff members - myself included, who was dragged from my cozy cabin while in my PJs at 1 in the morning to be soaked with the fire hose! Man, was that cold!

-the week after music camp my grandmother passed away and I spent the week in Bracebridge with my parents and my mom's family helping in whatever way I could. I couldn't do much, but I know that my mom appreciated me being there for support. It was nice to be able to spend some time with my family and walking down memory lane. On the morning of the funeral, four of us went by my Grandmother's old house (where we spent a lot of time in the summer) to take som pictures. The property was on the river, so we used to have a great time when we went there.

-after that we spent the entire week at the trailer doing nothing more than relaxing on the beach, relaxing at the pool, relaxing in the hammock, and sleeping on the couch. It was a wonderful week of doing nothing. ... well, we did one day trip to the zoo. I just got the pictures back from the zoo. It's funny because you don't see things like they really are when you are looking through a lens. Check out this picture of Cameron being a ham. Take a good look. (warning ... do not place any liquids to your mouth as you are doing so.)

...and two more pics of some of the other monkeys in the family:


  1. i definately see the resemblance in the last photo

  2. I can't believe summer is nearly over. It's seems like just a few days ago when we loaded up the RV and went on vacation. And now we're already at the point where Joshua will be going back to school in less than a month.

  3. Anonymous3:05 PM

    rofl. That picture of Cam with the statue is too funny.

    Great pictures from your summer... sounds like you were very busy. Your talk of band camp brings back memories of my youth. *sigh* I'm glad you're enjoying life.

    Btw, I read that you're getting a new camera... congrats! And I can't wait to see the pics. :D

  4. happy summer girlfriend! Great updates, and I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

    Looking forward to seeing you soon...not sure that I'm wishing it on too much, cause that would mean summer is over..

    Have fun up north, and please say hi to all the boys for me.


thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.