Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Random Ramblings!

Matt and Spencer are finished exams. Yay! So glad that school is over for them for a couple of months.

Cameron only has three days left. He's tired and grumpy ... especially this morning when he was the only one who had to get up for school.

The trailer is all set up and the site is looking good. This weekend we got the deck all done, the shed moved over, patio stones laid. The only thing left to do is to get some sod down where we pulled up some old patio stones and to relax and enjoy our hard labour.

I wish it would rain. Our grass at home is brown.

No rain in site for the next few days anyway.

Oliver is going to be miserable because we are going to take him to the trailer with us this summer. Since John is taking the summer off, no one will be home and so we are going to take him, the two gold fish, and the two hermit crabs up with us.

I wonder how Oliver would feel about wearing a harness outside at the trailer?

I've had a migraine for a couple of days. I know it started as a tension headache while we were working at the trailer. By the time I got home on Sunday it was a migraine. It stayed with me all day yesterday.

Big picnic going on at camp on Monday for Canada Day. The whole family is going to play on our Church's baseball team. They needed three token "girls" so I said that I would help out with that. Hope they don't expect me to go near the ball!

Music Camp starts in a week and a half. I'm not even close to being ready for that. Our theme this year is super heros and our cabin (of 14 9 and 10 year old boys) will be spiderman. I hate spiders!

I went to a meeting last week for my brother Rick's (the one with Down's Syndrome) yearly review. He's getting so set in his ways. He's been refusing to go to work some days. LOL! I know how he feels, and I don't even have to leave the house to go to work!

Today is Tuesday so I'm off to scrapbook. I need to stop at the grocery store because it's also a pot luck lunch today so I need to pick up something to take.

John and Spencer went to Wonderland yesterday. It was dreadfully hot and they were looking forward to spending most of their time in the water parrk. Most of the waterslides were closed! They were home by 7 p.m.!

7 comments:

  1. i can totally sympathize with the grass thing - in shall be writing about it shortly

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, I was going to water tonight, the front at least...

    so r u up at the trailer for the whole summer, continuously?

    but but but but...what about...the internet and email and and and...your blog?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you camp? Are you there the whole summer? The boys will just have to take turns walking the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Lots of stuff going on in your life. It's been pretty dry here too... I hate watering though. It seems so wrong. lol

    I hope your migraine is gone. Man, that would suck in this weather. :S

    Take care... have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grass in our area was brown until we got some rain this past week. By the way we saw your license plate in PA..."SCRPBKR".

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been so hot the last three days of school. I'm in a portable and the air conditioner was broken. Can you believe that the day it was over 40 with the humidity it actually felt cooler outside than in the portable!

    My grass isn't looking so hot these days either. Bring on the rain - not just an isolated thunderstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:51 PM

    I'm happy that you're all settled in but having a migraine isn't fun at all. :( I hope that you finally got rid of it.

    I wish you lots of great weather so you can enjoy yourselves thoroughly. :D

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.