Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, May 14, 2007

What a beautiful weekend. The weather was gorgeous and I had my family around. What more could I ask for??

Saturday was the shower for my nephew (well, for his girlfriend, actually) who's getting married on Friday this week. It was so nice to sit and catch up with cousins and aunts (and uncles who came to drop off the aunts, LOL). I have a wonderful extended family and they are all so dear to me. My sister (mother of the groom) is home from Calgary for a couple of weeks. David (my oldest brother) arrives tomorrow, and Stephen (another brother) will be here Wednesday. Unfotunately they will both be coming without their families, but I will cherish every minute that I get to spend with them.

My parents stayed for the weekend, so we went out for lunch together yesterday. It was very nice. On the way home, Cameron wanted me to take him fishing in the afternoon ... you know, being mother's day and all! Yeah, right! There's isn't much that I won't do for my boys, but fishing is one thing that I leave for Dad. I'll go along and enjoy being with them, and take pictures (of course) but I won't join in on the activity. Not my idea of a fun Mother's Day activity!

Spencer arrived back in Toronto at midnight last night and he said that he had a lot of fun. When we got back to the house he went in to talk to his grandmother. I loved watching him sit on her bed telling her all about the trip. At one point she said that she heard that the he was popular with the girls. He smiled and nodded. I did a double take and said "What?!?!?!?!?!" (keep in mind, this is my shy, quiet boy! ...well, apparently not on this trip!) Any further details weren't forthcoming, so I think they've been locked up in the vault!

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan may learn to fish this summer, because Maggie and her dad like fishing. :)

    So Spencer is discovering girls? LOL! When we were in Myrtle Beach, I noticed that Joshua spent much of his time in the company of several young women. When I pick him up from after-school band rehearsals, I frequently find him talking to girls rather than guys. He's not nearly as shy with girls as Jonathan has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47 AM

    I'm glad that you had some good times with your family Barb! And I'm with you with the fishing! Not my idea of a Mother's Day activity. LOL

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.