OK. So there's a blog tag going around out there.
The rules are:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)
6) Tag 5 other bloggers to complete it.
It seems like a fun tag game and I don't want to wait until I'm tagged ... well, because I just don't get tagged ... so I'm going to jump in anyway and play along.
Three events that happened on my birthday:
1. 1902 - American Old West: Second-in-command of Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch gang, Kid Curry Logan, sentenced to 20 years imprisonment with hard labor.
2. 1940 - Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz married in Greenwich, Connecticut.
3. 1954 - In Sylacauga, Alabama, United States, an 8.5 lb (3.4 kg) sulfide meteorite crashes through a roof and hits Mrs. Elizabeth Hodges in her living room after bouncing off her radio, giving her a bad bruise, in the only unequivocally known case of a human being hit by a space rock.
Two important birthdays and one death:
1. 1874 - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Nobel Prize laureate
2. 1957 - Colin Mochrie, Scottish-born Canadian comedian. Hey cool! Colin Mochrie shares my birthday!
3. 1900 - Oscar Wilde, Irish writer (b. 1854) My list of deaths to choose from was far shorther than the birthdays. That must be a good omen.
One holiday or observance:
Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966) This one I had to include because for 5 years while we were living in Barbados, the whole country was celebrating my birthday.
I'm not going to tag anyone individually, but everyone who reads this. So, tag, you're it!