Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Things on my mind today

I don't normally get stressed out easily. Today, however, I'm feeling it. I've had a tension headache for a few days and last night it went into a migraine. This morning when I got up I had to take some migraine medication right away. Hopefully things will ease off soon.

Things on my mind:
-Matthew. He's exhibiting a lot of anxiety right now. We (he or I) don't know why, but life isn't easy for him right now. I talked to his SERT (special education resource teacher) yesterday about it and he's going to see what's going on, if anything, in his classes. I'm so thankful for the staff at the school. They really watch out for him and do whatever they can to make life easier for him. They all like him and want him to be successful. I'm sure this is a big source of my own stress right now.

-I need to get out to the paint store and pick up paint. I want to get started on the work that needs to be done around here, as well as other fix-ups. I wish I could just wave a wand and have it all done.

-I have two scrapbooking events that I'm organizing right now. The first one is a fund-raising crop for the Divisional Youth Band's trip to Calgary. That one I'm organizing with Pat and will be on Februray 24th. The second is the retreat that's coming up in April.

- I need to read a chapter today for Bible Study tonight. So far, I'm not really into this book that we are doing right now.

-I'm doing good with my excersise routine. I'm on the treadmill three times a week for at least 40 minutes each time.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the exercise routine. Dave and I need to start exercising again.

    Sorry about all the other stressors in your life right now. Wish I could do something to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:33 PM

    Yes... kuddos on your exercice routine. :D I sure hope that things will resolve themselves very fast and easily. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew is a great kid!! I'm sorry that he is having such a hard time. Things will work out as God has great possibilities for his life. I know stress - and the constant need to put into God's hands. I mean, whenever I try to do it alone, invaribly I struggle and become stressed. As you know I have been on quite a journey.

    As with the other comments - fantastic about the exercising! I continue to do well with my "life of healthness". I continue to exercise and keep the weight off. My blood preasure is now in the low end of the scale. It's amazing when I think of where I was heading a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what happened to the paint chips? did you change your mind? i know....purple isn't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Kudos to you on the regular exercise! m:D

    Sorry to hear your son is feeling anxious... I hope he's doing better soon. :S

    Good luck with the two events you are planning... so much work, but hopefully you'll be able to sit back and enjoy on the actual day. Errrrmmmm, that's so not going to happen, is it? Anyway, I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.