Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006



A few weeks ago we did some rearranging of some furniture in the kitchen and family room. I moved a baker's rack to a corner in the family room to house all of Cameron's critters. On the top self is one of his fish tanks, on the middle shelf are his hermit crabs, and on the bottom, close to the floor, is the second fish tank. Oliver, our cat, has all of a sudden taken great interest in the fish tank and will sit beside it and watch. The funny thing is, that he no longer likes to drink from his water bowl. He now will paw at the lid of the tank until he gets it open, and then will stick his head in and drink the water. I guess this must be a cat delicacy. What I find interesting is that the fish don't seem to mind at all. If they are hungry, they will usually come to the surface while his face is in the bowl and try and nip his tongue.

5 comments:

  1. I suppose Cameron is happy that they are drinking buddies rather than predator and prey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Oh my, that is TOO funny! Great story and wonderful pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oliver, Oliver, ne er before has a cat wanted more!

    Too funny. I wonder how long it will be or if he ever will have the need to eat and drink at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 AM

    This is just too funny! LOL I love the shots that you took of it. I can just imagine how the cat reacts when the fishes try to nip his tongue! LOL

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.