Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to School

Can you believe that it's that time of the year again? The summer has just flown by. Last night I had three very grumpy boys on my hands. None of them were ready to give up their freedom ... and to be honest, I wasn't thrilled about it either. Last night I lay awake, unable to fall asleep as different scenarios played through my mind. My anxieties and worries, that a mother has for her children, were in full force. I prayed that God would guard each one of them as they returned to a world that was separate from my own. I prayed for their anxieties as well, as I knew we were all feeling the same knot in our stomaches.

The knot in my stomache continued throughout the day and I found myself phoning home to check to see if any of them had phoned, needing me, and left a message.

At the end of the school day I picked up three very happy boys who all had a wonderful day and were all eager to share with me what their teachers are like, and what friends are in their classes, and what they bought themselves for lunch. It was another successful first day back to school. ...and tonight everyone's anxiety is in check, including my own.

I found this picture of my babies from 8 years ago. Where has the time gone???



and now...

5 comments:

  1. The start of a new school year is always stressful, especially if a child is moving into a new school. I'm glad their first day was positive. That will make it so much easier for them as they spend the next couple of days adjusting to their new routines.

    Your first math formula for the new school year:

    happy kids = happy mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:00 PM

    Oh wow, have they ever grown into handsome young men! Great photos!

    I'm glad their first day went well. Ours did too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that first photo is what i'm used to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Scary huh??? I'm SO happy that Jonathan will be at home with me for another year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw...they are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.