Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, September 11, 2006

911


This morning I logged into CNN on the computer and watched the coverage from 911 as it actually happened five years ago. I found myself rivited to the computer screen in the same way that I was rivited to the TV 5 years ago. When I first learned of what was happening, the first tower had just been hit. I watched in horror as the second plane hit. I was stunned, and sat in a state of shock as I watched the whole morning unfold. This morning, I went through the exact same emotions, even though I knew what was coming. I gasped as the plane hit the second tower and covered my face in utter disbelief once again, as the towers each collapsed.

Even though it's been five years, my human mind still cannot grasp how a group of people could sit down and plan something like this and then actually carry it out. Even though it's been five years, the emotions were still very raw as I found myself in tears once again. Even though it's been five years, it's still shocking to see the images. It was an event that changed the world, people, and me. Life will never be the same.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday, we had a 9/11 memorial service at the Adult Rehabilitation Center. Major Madison's message was stirring but not maudlin. Even so, I don't think there were too many dry eyes in the sanctuary. I understand what you mean about how easily the old emotions were reignited. I guess the horror of that day still lies pretty close to the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That day was very busy...being revited and emotionally caught up in the events was not part of the mix except around 3 in the afternoon. A call came in from the Pentagon came in asking if we could quickly arrange for two reefers of ice. It was only once they were arranged that I realized why they wanted that much ice.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.