Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Is it hot enough for you?

Man! It's been really hot here for the past couple of days. Summer is here! The humidity is here, and so are the smog warnings. The other day as we were driving into Toronto the air was so thick with smog that it looked like fog.

With the arrival of the hot weather, I had to take Cameron and Spencer out last night to get new summer clothes. Cameron is in desparate need, and Spencer always lives in hand-me-downs so I wanted to make sure he got new clothes for a change. They both fought me on going. They told me just to get them whatever, but I wanted them to actually pick the clothes out themselves. Well ... once they got into it, they really got into it. Cameron loves anything shiney, and loves the big sleeveless basketball shirts. He managed to find quite a bit that he liked. Spencer (the one who really never cared what he wore) headed straight for the Nike, Adidas, Brooks, and any other brand names he could find. Kinda funny how his tune changed. To be honest, I was happy that he actually showed a preference. Obviously he has been noticing what his friends are wearing.

On the scrapbooking front, here are two of my latest layouts.

This layout was a sketch challenge on one of the scrapbooking web sites. I love the sketch.



This layout was an ad challenge that was posted on Scrapping Buddies. Cool ad. I attached it to the layout so you could see it.




Well, Cameron just phoned from school with a stomach ache. He's never sick, so I hope it's just the heat getting to him. He told me that he didn't eat much at lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Ooooooh, I love your LOs! I really like that sketch, and wow, you did a GREAT job on the ad challenge. :D

    Glad your boys got some new clothes!

    And yes, it's been very hot here too. Ugh! The worst part is that the fan on our furnace is broken, so we don't have central air. Double-ugh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Cameron feels better soon. Extreme heat makes me nauseous. I'd go nuts if we lived any farther south.

    It's been hot here too. Our A/C was down for a couple of days so it got pretty stuffy. Everything's up and running now. They keep calling for rain but we never get it, so the humidity keeps climbing. Watch out when it breaks, it'll be a doozy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.