Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, December 16, 2005



Well, it has happened. ...and I'm very sad about it! Yesterday afternoon I had was out with Matt at an appointment and I phoned home to check up on Spencer and Cameron. When Cameron picked up and found out it was me, he promptly informed me that something very bad had happened. He had been out in the garage and he found Robo Raptor hidden in there. He angrily told me that now he knew the truth, that Santa wasn't real. Not knowing at that moment how to handle it, I just said that we would have to talk about it when I got home.

On the way home I had told Matt about my conversation with Cameron and he told me that he would convince Cameron that Santa was still real. He was now on a mission.

After arriving home I started shovelling out the driveway. Several minutes later Cameron came storming out to the garage and said "Mom! How do you explain this?" "What?" was my response. I went into the garage to talk to him and he was pointing at his discovery. "This" he said. In a moment of panic I just said that I had no idea where it had come from. I said that maybe it was too big for the sleigh so Santa hid it there for Christmas Eve. I went back to shovelling and he went back into the house.

Keep in mind, Matt is still on his mission.

After I finished outside I went in, to face the situation. I have no problem telling him the truth, but I don't want to tell him if he doesn't really want to stop believing. By the time I called him down, Matt showed up and told me that everything was fine, that he had solved the problem. Cameron was still a believer. After talking for a few minutes and seeing that he still desparately wants to believe, I reiterated what I had said in the garage. We agreed that maybe we should email Santa to find out what he wanted us to do with the gift.

Whew! All was well!


...until this morning when he began asking questions again!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Oh so sad isn't it, when they don't believe any more. Hopefully you & Matt will be able to quell his doubts for at least another year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.