Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I love Tuesdays and I hate Tuesdays!! Tuesday is my play day at Cherished Scrapbooks where I get to go and spend the day there with them scrapbooking and yakking! As soon as 2:15 comes around, however, my bliss ends and the running around begins. Tuesdays, from 4 to 6, is Halton Junior Jazz Band practise in Burlington (about a half hour drive from door to door.)

Spencer is fortunate to be in the HJJB for the second year in a row. The HJJB is an audition band for students in grades 7 and 8 who excel in music for the Halton Region school board. It is an amazing group of kids who are all very talented. I love that he's in it, but it's a very busy schedule when they start performing. They do school tours, music festivals, play for different board events throughout the year. Every year they compete in the Regional music festival in Collingwood with high schools. They usually attain a gold level standing and then are invited to the Nationals, which will be in Ottawa this year.

This is the HJJB at the Regionals last year. Spencer is the second from the left in the front row.

I'm thrilled that Spencer is in the band and that he will get to play music that he would otherwise not have the opportunity too, but it means that my blissful Tuesdays end with me picking up at school, shuffling boys around, and then getting Spencer to Burlington for 4. Then I pick him up at 6 after trying to kill two hours. Then it's a rush to get home, get dinner, make sure homework is done, and then John and I are out the door by 7:30 to go play co-ed badminton.

I'm tired just thinking about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.