Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bits and Pieces

I can't beleive that it's the weekend already. Where has the time gone?

Cameron made it through his first day of testing without any difficulties. He begged and pleaded with me to allow him to take the rest of the day off from school. He told me that he was much to tired to try and work at school. After school he informed me that it was my fault that he got homework because if I had of let him take the day off he wouldn't have got any. Can't argue with that logic I guess.

I'm trying to get myself and the kids ready for me going away. On Wednesday of next week I leave to attend CKU Stamford. I'm so looking forward to getting away with my girlfriends and attending this convention but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I need to do to get myself and them ready. I have to reorganize some of their schedules. I return on the Sunday so I'm only going to be away for 5 days, but it's amazing how much those 5 days affect things around here. On top of it all, I need to get everything ready for Halloween before I go because I won't have time when I get back. Halloween is the next day.

Yesterday Cameron and I had a very interesting conversation. It went something like this:

Cameron: Mom, why do you have to go away? (I'm thinking, what's up with this? He's never had a problem with me going away before.)

Me: We'll, sometimes Mom's need a break too. I'm going on a scrapbooking weekend.

Cameron: Scrapbooking! That's all you ever do is scrapbooking! (awwwww. My baby's going to miss me!)

Me: I really enjoy it, Honey.

Cameron: But why do you have to be away for Halloween?

Me: I won't be away for Halloween. I'll be back the day before Halloween.

Cameron: (indignant) You know how much Halloween means to us!! How could you do that to us! (I think I'm finally getting the picture.)

Me: Don't worry, Buddy. Dad will help you decorate the house and carve the pumpkins.

Cameron: Oh, OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.