Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, September 23, 2005

The MIL is here for the weekend!

OK, some people may cower in fear at just hearing that statement, but I'm actually very lucky in that I have a great Mother-in-law. She's not the meddling type. The boys love having her around, and I just find it easier when she comes to visit us rather than all of us go to visit her in her apartment. The boys are happier and I'm not stressed. The plan is for John, MIL and I to go out to a movie tonight. A movie that doesn't contain Disney anywhere in the title!!! I'm looking forward to it.

My new scrapbook room is almost done. I'm all moved in, painted, organized, and accessorized. Pretty much all I need to do is to buy new curtains.

I bought all my new furniture from IKEA. John also bought a huge new entertainment unit to house his big screen TV, all the components, videos, CDs, ...everything. This came from IKEA as well. We have been up to our necks in IKEA boxes, nuts, bolts, etc trying to get it all together. When all is said and done, I don't think I'll be buying any more IKEA furniture for a very long time!!

Here's a layout I did over the summer. As soon as the nice weather hits, Cameron sheds his shoes and we have a hard time keeping them on his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.