Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

It's Too Late to Turn Back Now!

 
We've passed the point of no return. It's too late to change out minds. We have started renovations!
We have been putting this off, now, for over two years.  We did our master bathroom last year as a "trial run".  We survived, so we figured we could get to the main floor of our house.
 
The problem with starting anything on the main floor is that we needed to do everything that we were wanting to do all at once. Our main floor is so open that once we started one thing, it would lead to the next thing.  The kitchen really needed to be done, but that meant redoing the floors, which meant redoing the floors on the whole main level since it's open.  By doing the main floors it meant stairs, and the fireplace, and the half wall (that I always hated). It meant building a second kitchen in the basement so that we could just put the current cabinets into the basement kitchen.  You get the picture. LARGE SNOWBALL!!
 
So, here we are, two and a half weeks into it.  My house is all a clutter!
Did I mention that I don't function well in chaos??
 
So, stay tuned for the renovation diaries.  Maybe you can even help me make some design decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.