Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Welcome 2014!

What a crazy ride it has been in the past year. The whole year has been pretty much a blur for me.
This time last year, my business partner and I were just embarking on the adventure of a lifetime. We were busy planning and setting up for our new online store to go live on February 1st. Since then, we have been crazy busy, and loving every minute of it.
I was thinking of doing a year-in-review post, but mostly it would looking something like this:
-opened the online store "Scrapbook Nerd"
-attended many day crops and weekend retreats as the onsite vendors
-filled many orders
-my new BFFS are the ladies at my post office
-was overwhelmed with the amount of support from family and friends. (I should really say here that I think I have the best family and friends in the world!!!!)

One the non-business side of things:
-In March I travelled with my sister and son Cameron on a Caribbean cruise for a week - had a blast
-in August, went on another cruise with John and Cameron and then spent a week in Puerto Rico
-In September  I travelled with 19 of my closest friends to the Outer Banks
-In October John and I travelled to San Francisco and drove down the coast to San Diego

So - by the looks of things, I worked hard, and played hard.
It was a good year!


Now, with the arrival of 2014, I'm finding myself looking ahead. Joy gave me a planner book that has a lot of thought provoking questions in it as to what I want to accomplish this year. It's not something I'm used to doing. However, it's a great exercise and I find myself coming back to the main goals over and over again - which brings me to ONE LITTLE WORD.

The purpose of one little word is to chose one word that gives you focus for the year. A word that encompasses your goals.

My one little word this year is NOURISH.
For me, nourish sums up my most important goals for this year. As a mother of grown (for the most part) boys who is now at the point where I'm jumping into the passenger seat of their lives, it's time for me to focus a little more on myself. I want my focus to be to nourish myself in the following ways:

physically - this one is an obvious one for me. Now that I'm over 50, it's becoming more and more important to take care of myself a little better than I have in the past

mentally - the old brain isn't getting any younger.

emotionally - I 'm a pretty insecure person and I allow myself to get hurt very easily. This one is going to be a tough one for me

Spiritually - I'm embarrassed to admit that many times I have let my relationship with God take a back seat while I go about life. I want to keep
my focus is where it should be.

Relationships - it's more important now, than ever before, that I nourish my relationship with the love of my life - John. He's the one person who has seen me at my worst - and yet has stood by me no matter what.
 I also want to continue nourishing my relationships with my boys as we all settle into a new type of relationship of mother and grown son. It's becoming easier and easier.
Relationships with my friends and family are also important to me and I look forward to re-connecting with old friends and nourishing new friendships.

So, that's it in a nutshell. NOURISH..

What about you? What will your word be this year?

3 comments:

  1. You rock Barb!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Your word 'nourish' resonates with me too! Very meaningful post!! - Heather

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.