Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Catch-up Post

So much for the plan of getting my blog back on track and posting regularily again. I'm not doing a great job, lately, of keeping up with things. For those of you with a blog, how do you manage to keep up?

So here I am again, playing catch-up. I've had a lot going on, but most of it is regular, everyday type stuff and not really blog worthy - certainly not seperate post worthy:
  • Cameron found a co-op job for his SHSM Programme with school. He's working at a Hearing Aid Manufacturer. He's loving it for the most part - photo copying isn't high on his list, but when he gets to work on the laser machine he's a happy camper. It's a great experience for him.
  • Suki (our cat) has been having some difficulties. Several days ago she all of a sudden couldn't bare any weight on one of her hind legs and was in a lot of pain - so much so that she was hissing anytime anyone went near and actually nipped me when I tried to pick her up. The vet didn't think it was broken (whew) and thinks that it's a torn ACL. She's limping around a little now, but she still has times when she can't walk. If she keeps improving like she is, we will let her heal on her own - fingers crossed this is the case and she won't need surgery
  • I spent the week last week as a cabin leader at Music Camp. We had a cabin of 10 year old girls. It was a fun, but tiring week. The girls were awesome! I loved getting to know each and every one of them.
  • We spent Canada Day at Queens Park in Toronto. High Rendition Jazz played there again this year. What a great opportunity for the kids. They played really well.
  • I haven't been able to spend much time at the trailer yet this summer ... and won't until the middle of August. I have to stick close to home to play chauffeur for Cameron. We've been there for a couple of weekends and are going up again this weekend.
  • Last night we had a family get-together at my brother's house to see my nephew. James is working in Korea right now, but he's home for vacation. I love spending time with family!!

I've managed to get some scrapping done in the last three weeks which is great for me. Usually my creativity drops off during the summer months. I think the fact that I've had to stick closer to home has made me want to scrapbook. This is one of the layouts I've  worked on for the Use Your Stuff blog challenges:


The challenge was to use a film strip. For this layout I used a cut-apart sheet from Echo Park Oh Snap. I love this mini kit!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout, sounds like a busy summer so far :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.