Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, September 10, 2012

This week on Use Your Stuff ...

It's my turn this week to host the challenge over at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog.
Since I still don't have a lot of creative time right now, I decided to keep it simple. so the challenge is to use stripes.

In almost every project I do, I use stripes. In fact, the first thing I do when I'm trying to pull papers for the layout is to pick a stripe that works well with the photos/theme. Once I have the stripe, I have an immediate colour pallet so pulling the rest of the papers is very easy.

In this layout, as in most, I used just a strip of the stripped paper.




There you have it. My one "design secret" that everyone always asks me about.

The racing car and flags were cut out using my Silhouette. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my silhouette?

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!
    I love the grid design of your photos.
    Great way to fit several on a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to use a stripe or lined paper as that is where I'll write my journaling if I don't use a specific journal card/spot. Great choice and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! I love the racecar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! Love your photo collage. Stripes are one of my favorite go-to's. Makes everything so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the photos you fit on this layout. Those flags and race car are so perfect for this. I am SO glad you love the Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.