Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's been a month!


I can't say that I've been kept away from blogging because of my crazy, busy life, because it hasn't been that busy. To be completely honest, I've been in a big blogging funk. I just haven't felt like doing it at all. I've been thinking a lot about blogging, and whether or not I want to keep it up. I get in these funks every once in a while and they always pass, so maybe this one will too.
I read other blogs ... a lot ... and I just feel like I don't have much to say. My blog pales in comparison. My life isn't overly exciting, and so I feel like so much of what I put in here is fluff.
I've also noticed that my readership has changed/declined over the past couple of years. Outside of a couple of friends, who I know still check in, most of my family and friends don't anymore. Is it a sign that our fast-paced internet world has changed, and people just aren't drawn to blogging anymore? I don't know.
What do you think? Has blogging lost it's appeal for people? Have people moved on to the next greatest thing? (what is the next greatest thing anyway? - I think I'm out of the loop.)



9 comments:

  1. Blogging has not lost its appeal for me, though I have also gone through one long blogging funk.

    I think some people blog for a while, then move on to something else like facebook or even something non-cyber.

    Others of us stick to blogging like glue.

    I guess you just have to do what feels best and fits you best.

    I have noticed several bloggers who said they were closing up shop - - - never to blog again - - - and yet those same bloggers returned after a year or more and now blog regularly again.

    You'll find the blogging path, or not, that works for you.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog started out for family and then they stopped reading except for my daughter. I write my blog for me and if anyone reads it great. If not, too bad for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Funky Lady.....I think that we all get in a Funk every once in a while......I always check out your blog----not posting--Bad me! Like Tracy said--"I write my blog for me and if anyone reads it great." That is so true Barb.....do it for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm the wrong person to ask, since i haven't updated my blog in almost a year!! eeek! however, i can tell you i read your blog whenever you post and would miss it if it were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in a blogging funk also and I have to say I'm not missing it that much. Is there a next thing? I guess I'm out of the loop too.
    Fluff...people have nail polish blogs and that's fluff, yours is not. Its your life and what you find interesting.
    Do what works for you, but
    I will miss reading it if you stop posting...even more so when I move farther away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it had been a while! I think you need to do what makes you happy. I haven't blogged in well over a month. Just don't feel like it. Whatever you decide, I have enjoyed reading your blog to date :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't blog often anymore either although I used to. I have also been in a funk but I won't give it up entirely because I do it mainly for myself.

    I don't have a following either just a couple of friends who peek in once in a while.

    You have to follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I check in regularily, but I too have stopped blogging regularily since last year...trying to get back into it and get my blog caught up....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean. I don't have much time to visit everyone in blog land that I want to, especially since I work full time. I look at my blog as a form of visual diary and have been ordering books of it so I will always be able to look back and read it in book form. Yes it's nice if people read it but at the end of the day I do it for me, so I will remember because my memory is horrid!! haha

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.