It's coming to the end of another week ... one that I can't seem to find my energy. It might have something to do with the fact that I was away with the teens from our Church last weekend on their Youth Retreat. Sleep was definately on short supply, but everything else was amazing.
So, on to my moments of bliss:
- snowshoeing in the woods. The snow was largely untouched, and the weather was perfect. It was sunny, and not too cold. I can't say it was silent as there was lots of chatter and laughter, but it was great.
- hearing one of the teens say, after the adults spent a while in the kitchen making a meal, "you mean we get to eat real food and not just pre-made food? Cool."
- watching Cameron out in the woods, enthusiastically making a shelter, and doing it well, when they were competing with the girls to see who can make the best fire and shelter
- drinking hot chocolate that had been made over the outdoor fire in the woods
- getting a card from one of the moms, thanking me for my gift of time to the teens last weekend
- listening to Matt practice his instrument. Beautiful music!
- spending an hour in the car with Matt, just the two of us, talking and talking. I miss doing that on a regular basis