Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Gift of Christmas

It's a very busy time of the year for Salvation Army Bands and ours is no different. A week or so ago I posted about the big concert we did at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga. I "borrowed" these pictures from the bandmaster, Derrick's, facebook.

The Oakville Children's Choir sang beautifully. You can see them here behind John Murray who was talking to the audience about all the work the Salvation Army does in our community.


The band, with the Children's Choir.
The full stage. On the right is the Oakville Children's Choir and on the left is the Divisional Youth Chorus. (I could listen to them all day!)


The band, before the concerts, after rehersals.



The band again, in festival tunics.


2 comments:

  1. wow a lot of hard work but worth it :) hope you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that Barb. You talk about your band and the boys' playing so often, it's great to see what it's all about. It looks like it was quite the event.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.