Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Manic Monday

Actually, so far, today is anything but Manic. It's been a fairly slow, mellow start to the day. Nice, eh?

The title is for a meme, Manic Monday. Have you ever heard of it? I go there every so often to read the questions. Some are very thought provoking, and some are lighter.
So, I thought I would participate today, but use last week's questions since I'm not really in a thinking mood this morning.

Here it goes.

As an adult, what is your favorite thing about summer? In a nutshell, no school. I love that we don't have to worry about deadlines, homework, lunches, and all that stuff. I love the more relaxed feeling of the summertime and just getting time to hang with my guys. Too bad John couldn't take the whole summer off because then it would be perfect.

What was your favorite thing about summer when you were a kid? In a nutshell, no school. LOL! I loved the long days and being able to stay outside until 9:30 at night before it got dark.

In 2010, it will be the summer of reconnecting. My brother and sister-in-law and family are coming for several weeks from Calgary. My other brother and sister-in-law are coming up from Virginia. I hope to have lots of time to spend reconnecting with everyone. I hope that we get to see my family from Virginia at the same time. I know it will be the highlight of my summer.

One of the last times we were all together in one place we took this picture of the kids:



What about you? What were summers like for you as a kid? What are they like now? What do you hope for this summer?

If you want to check out this meme, go here: http://manicmondaymeme.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to spend the time together. Christmas and other special occasions are just too short of a time to reconnect. Here's hoping that we can all make it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.