Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yes, it's true ... sad, but true!

I am the mother of three teenagers! Does that scare you? It does me.
Cameron turned 13 a week and a half ago. It's not like I didn't see it coming ... I had no choice. He kept reminding me everyday for the last month that it was going to happen. "Mom, 13!" That's all he had to say to see the blood rush from my face.

When the other two hit that milestone, somehow it was exciting for me. I knew I still had a little boy in the house. Not anymore. All I have to do is look around here to see that I have three teens who are quickly becoming men. Yikes.

So, as I mentioned in my last post, my niece, Jenn, my nephew Jason, and the twins came up to visit us at the trailer and it just so happened that it was on Cameron's birthday. We enjoyed a very yummy icecream cake and spent the afternoon swimming in the pool.


Check out these two cuties! Aren't they adorable!



That night we went into Newmarket to celebrate. When it's your birthday in our house, you get to choose where we go for dinner. Cameron's choice ... The Mandarin. (ouch! - but it was a little easier on the wallet as Spencer was at Music Camp)



So tell me, does this boy look like a teenager? All I see when I look at him is my little boy. (don't tell him that.)

11 comments:

  1. No no no, he still looks young to me! LOL Well, maybe a bit older still. :P I hear you about your youngest turning into a teen. The fact that my oldest is turning into a "1-something" in december is making me a bit nervous can you imagine when both of them will be teens? LOL

    Happy belated bday wishes to your newest teenager! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb, it goes by fast. I will one day be in your shoes. At least you had two older ones to go though the line first. He still looks like a young one but they all grow up.

    Happy Birthday to him! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and ethan and owen were very happen that cameron had a birthday and they were able to share his ice cream cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Cameron! Sorry I missed seeing him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Cameron. Yes; he looks 13, but that's a good thing!

    My youngest child is 13 this year, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. The time sure does fly by with children Barb........wait till they have children of there own Barb----then you wonder what happen to your little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to him! He has a sweet look about him but he definitely passes off as a teenager. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on teenagers! I know EXACTLY how you feel! Best wishes! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Cameron on surviving long enough to reach this milestone. ;)

    Barb - if you think this was bad, just wait 'til he goes to college. Just giving you a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have had the same birthday tradition. In Winnipeg Jonathan and Josh's choice was simple...McDonalds. In Iowa City, for Jonathan it progressed to the local chain steakhouse. We are now progressing into the "ouch" territory. That said, this year Josh's will be delayed from September 6 until late October.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know Barb....I enjoy my kids more now that they are adults than I ever did when they were little. They are actually wonderful people.....and I enjoy spending time with them

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.