John has been away on business again this week. This time it will be 5 days in total. As much as I love him, this list is dedicated to him being away.
Thirteen things that I enjoy about John being away:
1. We eat earlier. Usually John gets home from work around 6:30 and so by the time we all sit down and eat, and then clean up, it's close to 7:30 by the time we're done. Eating earlier somehow makes it feel like we have so much more time in the evenings.
2. We eat simpler meals. Since I'm a stay-at-home mom I feel that it's my job to have a big, cooked meal on the table for supper when John gets home from a long day at work. (call me old-fashioned.) When John's away, we enjoy much simpler meals ... and sometimes order in.
3. I seem to get more scrapping done as I'm not too worried about letting other things slide.
4. I don't have to keep telling someone to roll over all night because their snoring is keeping me awake.
5. I don't make the bed.
6. My bathroom stays clean.
7. I don't wake up cold because I have no covers.
8. I have a couple of boys who automatically step into John's shoes and try and take care of me, and their brothers. It's so cool to see them do it automatically.
9. There's one less person to trip over in the morning.
10. We actually save money on groceries. Now, I have three teenagers in the house so they still eat us out of house and home, but since I make much simpler meals we save money ... and I don't have to keep running to the grocery store.
11. The house is so much quieter! Yes, it's true ... even with the boys around. There's no big screen TV blarring up from the basement, there are no cupboard doors slamming shut (because somehow he doesn't know how to close them quietly.)
12. There's no one for Matt to argue with about taking the garbage out, and so he just does it without complaint.
13. There's one more computer to use so there's less fighting over who's turn it is on the computer.
With all that said, we are always happy to have him come home.