Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Woosh! Was that Christmas that flew by?

Wow! What a whirlwind!


We had a great Christmas here. On Christmas Eve John's parents, my parents. my brother Rick, and my sister and brother-in-law all arrived. We spent a wonderful evening together and then everyone stayed over. (I love having a houseful on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.) The boys very happily gave up their rooms to our company as they love having everyone there.


On Christmas morning I had to get up at 6 a.m. to get the turkey in the oven (I use the cook-from-frozen, pre-stuffed kind.) After it was in the oven, I sat with a cup of tea, in front of the fireplace with the lights on. The house was so silent. Cameron and John were the first ones up ... and they weren't up until about 8 a.m. By the time everyone else was up and ready to open presents it was after 8:30.


The boys were thrilled with their gifts. I think Santa did a good job this year.


The rest of the day was spent breaking in all the new items that were opened that morning, reading instruction manuals, charging up batteries, and checking out each other's gifts.


On Boxing Day we usually head to my parents' house in London to have my family Christmas, but due to all the snow that had fallen and the road conditions, we ended up hosting it at our house. So, for the third day in a row, we had a houseful and we loved it. It was another great day spent with all my family. I really missed not having both Stephen and David and their families there, though.


Saturday I woke up with a huge back ache (too much activity I guess). We packed up and went to London to spend the weekend with my parents before they head off to Florida for three months. It was a perfect way to end our celebrations as it was a nice quiet couple of days.


Anyway, I guess I've been a very good girl this year because look what Santa brought me.

Yes, I got my ipod touch! ...and this thing is even cooler than I thought it was. I've been having so much fun playing around with it. The coolest thing is that it is WiFi so I can hook up to the internet with it and surf the web anywhere that I can pick up a wifi connection. Now I can check up on blogs and other sites while I'm trying to kill time while waiting around for the boys.
OK, time for bed now! I have a lot of sleep to catch up on!

6 comments:

  1. I am pleased to read your report. Enjoy the ipod touch....I would be interested in a review after you have used it for two or three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 PM

    Waaaahooooo! You HAVE been a very good girl this year, to get such a fabUlous gift from Santa! I love it. And you can be just like CathyZ and hold it up to your ear and pretend to talk on your fake iPhone. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that you all enjoyed your Christmas. Santa was very good to you as he must know that you are a special person. I know I will never forget the way you handled my little man Tristan when he was just a young one. I still think back to seeing him sit on your lap cutting out Quickutz with your sidekick. I wish I would have taken a picture. Enjoy the rest of your holidays and have an awesome New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you were an especially good girl this year - wow, COOL gift! Glad you had a great Christmas with your family around you. Loved your description of the time you spent alone on Christmas morning ... it seems like only yesterday, my kids were up at the crack of dawn on Christmas Day. Now they sleep in, lol. I was up early too (dog doesn't sleep in!) and had myself some quiet contemplative time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. We would love to have been with you, but we had a nice, quiet time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THREE meals??? and you didn't even look stressed!!! but you have to admit that nothing says christmas like a perfectly timed fart.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.