Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Sharing some recent work

Where did the week go? Can you believe that Friday is here again?

Both Matt and Spencer attended some post-secondary school sessions this week. Matt went to four different sessions, and Spencer went to five. We have a lot of reading to do over the next couple of weeks to help Matt sort through some of the information. Wish us luck! Hopefully he will be able to start making some decisions. Fortunately we still have another year before going through this with Spencer (although I think Spencer already has a good idea of where he wants to go and for what.)

Have I ever mentioned how much I like working with sketches LOL! I really enjoyed doing the Sketch 201 class with Valerie Salmon at Gotsketch. She now has another one going. It's not really a class per se. Every week she emails us a project sheet and sketch. I'm behind by a couple of sketches, but this week I managed to get this one done using her second sketch:




These pictures are from Matt's birthday celebration when we went to Niagara Falls.

We're off shortly to go to Great Wolf Lodge for the night with Cameron and three of his friends for his birthday celebration. He has been counting down the days for a few weeks. The last couple of days he started counting down the hours. So cute! I will be taking lots of pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Nice layouts. I really like the Niagara Falls one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Great Wolf. I have never been but from what I hear the one in Williamsburg is impressive.

    Good wishes on the post-secondary processes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chicken layout - I may just have to ditto it... I always say that but never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful layouts! BN heather on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 PM

    Oh, I love these pages... and yes, I too love working from sketches. They are a great starting point, and different people come up with such different finished products. You have a great eye for colour and product usage... everything always looks well thought out and well balanced on your pages. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.