Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Our Saturday

Saturday we didn't have a lot planned as John's parents were going to come for the day. Well, unfortunately Garnet took sick and so they weren't able to come.
After sitting around most of the morning and into the afternoon we decided to take a long bike ride that we've been planning to do forever. Spencer and his friends went out to a movie, so Matt, Cameron, John and I headed out with lots of water. We rode through a trail system in Oakville that took us down into 16 mile creek. It was an awesome ride! The best part, of course, was riding down-hill. Not so much fun when you have to come back up ... but it was well worth it. The scenery was beautiful and the trails were very peaceful.
This was one of the reasons we wanted to live in Oakville was because of the many trail systems and the closeness to the waterfront. We haven't taken advantage of too many of the trails, but this certainly gave us a taste, and I can't wait to get out there and do the others.
The only downside is that I rediscovered many muscles in my legs that I had long forgot were there. I've been doing really well in the exercise department (on the treadmill at least three times a week) but obviously there are muscles that I'm not even touching! I've been walking a little funny!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:49 PM

    Too bad that your IL's couldn't make it but that looks like a wonderful ride that you had. That pic is wonderful!

    The last time I found out about some muscles that I didn't remember was a couple of weekends ago when we played in our yards! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do some more biking or hiking soon. I like biking because one covers more ground quickly, but I like hiking because it's more compatible with photography. Tough choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you have taken time to discover some of the gems of Oakville. Throughout the GTA are these amazing trails that following the many creeks and rivers that drain into the lake. I have taken advantage of some of these trails when in Toronto and it seemed that I was literally out in the country or somewhere up north.
    Biking is such a great activity - low impact and sustainable once your legs strengthen up.
    Hats off to the Clayton clan!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.